Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chocoholics Anonymous Relief Society 2010 Activity

Here is the invitation my sister Courtney helped me with. What a fun evening


Yes this was the main attraction of the night!

YUM!
Finally I am back and ready to do some blogging! It has been way to long and I have so much to post. It still might take some time to get it all in but never fear it will be done. :)

So I decided to start with what I have been up to with my calling at church. I am the Relief Society Meeting Coordinator and that involves putting together activities every other month for the women in the church. So the first one I did was in December 2009 with the Nutcracker theme. The next one fell right before Valentines Day and also the opening of the Winter Olympics. So I decided to mix the two. For the food part of the night I wanted to do a all chocolate desserts. So I named my activity "Chocoholics Anonymous" We provided a chocolate fountain with many things to dip. I also had everyone bring their favorite chocolate dessert or treat. It turned out awesome! The chocolate was so good and there was a great variety. My favorite was for sure the strawberries dipped in chocolate. The first thing we did was start the evening out with our own version of the Olympics called "Household Olympics" I had three volunteers come up and represent dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate. I did this by using handkerchiefs. It was so funny and they all got into it. I had them ironing shirts, sorting socks, and also using a broom to see who could sweep the ball into a circle across the room. At the end we had our own medal ceremony with step stools. I made a gold, silver and bronze heart shaped medal to put around their neck. After they got their medals we all sang the national anthem. I even waved a flag to represent! :) From there we all headed for the chocolate. There was plenty of time to talk and just relax for a bit. To conclude the evening we finished up by doing two different service projects. One was adding heart shape tags to hand made bears. Then the other one was stuffing bags with crayons and coloring books. Both went to the Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando. It was so neat to do this service project and for me it was my first time organizing one. I have learned so much throughout having this calling. It has for sure been a blessing to me in so many ways.

I also added some pictures of some of the decorations I made and put together. I had so much fun adding the Valentines paper and embellishments. I also added this an "on time drawing". Everyone that was on time got a ticket and toward the end of the night I picked 4 tickets randomly and who ever was called got to pick out one of my crafts I made to take home. This was fun to watch everyone get really into seeing if their number was going to be called. I for sure will be doing this at my next activity. Please take a look at some of the pictures from the evening. Oh I also wanted to thank my sister Courtney who was here visiting from Kansas to be with me that night and take pictures for me. Thank You, Thank You!


This is a picture of me and the ladies who helped with one of the service projects that night. We tied hearts with messages around each home made teddy bear.


Here is one of the "Household Olympic" games we played. This one was the sock sorting one.


Picture of the award ceremony while we all sang the national anthem.




Here are the decorations I made plus the "On Time Drawing" give away prizes\





No comments: