Saturday, July 2, 2011

Space Camp Is Done

I love my calling as Cub Master! I have never been in a position were I had to run a day camp. I was not sure throughout the process of pulling this together. After last week with 14 boys and 4 other leaders I can't imagine missing out on this opportunity. I have a special place in my heart for each one of those boys. I bonded with each leader and made some new friendships stronger. I felt like everything went really smooth. The last day was the only day we had weather trouble. I can't believe how hard the rain fell. Luckily the boys where all in the swimming pool passing of tests to earn there swimming belt loop. Us leaders on the other hand were not wearing bathing suits. So we had to hurry and get all the boys out of the pool and get back inside the building. We got soaked!! It all still ended just perfect and I feel that all the boys really learned a lot and bonded as well. I feel so blessed to have this calling :)

This is a sample of what the boys got to do and learn for Space Camp

They jumped on Moon Boots
Soccer
Ultimate Frisbee
Marbles
Swimming
Paper Mache Planets
Skits
Made Space helmets and space packs
and much, much more!

Here are some pictures from Cub Scout Day Camp












No comments: