Ready to dance for the closing of the party
I received a new calling in my ward in October this year. I was no longer the Relief Society Activities Coordinator. I really did learn so much in my calling. I also got to know so many wonderful women in my ward. Even though I was no longer the leader I wanted to help in anyway I could. I was able to dance one last time this year for the closing of the night. Jason and I put together a slide show that went with the music I picked out to dance too. I only got two pictures of the evening. My camera is not doing very well. I will try to put the video on as soon as I can. You can see what the end of the program was like.
I also made 80 white stockings for all the women. It was used as a give out gift and part of the program. I found this poem that was cleverly written to go with the meaning of the "White Stocking" I will show a picture of the stocking and have the story that goes with it. It turned out to be emotional after reading the story out load. I'm starting a new tradition this year on Christmas Eve with my kids. I made a medium sized white stocking to hang by ours. I will read the story and have my kids each write there gift to Christ on a piece of paper to put in his stocking. Then the following year I will take out what we all wrote and see if we remembered the gift to Christ that we gave him. This way we can reflect back on the year we had and see our growth as well.
Please feel free to use this idea in your home or share it with friends and neighbors.
WHITE STOCKING
(adapted by Carolyn Cox, Canberra)
‘Twas the night before Christmas as I walked through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The presents had been wrapped and placed under the tree
I paused, tired, excited, and then giggled with glee.
The stockings were hanging and were beautifully filled
No one had been forgotten, though the credit card was billed.
As I looked at the scene with the stockings on the ledge.
I noticed one was empty, the one on the edge.
Where's the Spirit of Christmas - What have I done?
The children's stockings are all full, except for this one
It was the stocking intended for the child of Bethlehem.
The White stocking for Jesus that was hung up by them.
Of all the people at Christmas, that might be forgotten
How could I not remember the Fathers Only Begotten?
Only He had been left out of the festivities.
As we planned and prepared all, for our families.
As I pondered, I realized this just was not right!
It was His birth that was being celebrated, after this night
I resolved then and there to remember the Lord
And quickly made changes that were easy to afford.
I hung the white stocking in a special place in our home.
And corrected the atmosphere to provide a more spiritual tone.
On Christmas morning I gathered the family together
And each of us wrote on a special piece of paper,
We gave Jesus a gift which we placed in the stocking.
A sincere change of heart, not there for the mocking.
The white stocking hung in our home as a symbol for us
Of the true meaning of Christmas - the Savior, The Lord Jesus
So take your white stocking and hang it with pride
Remember the Savior, put his gift inside.



No comments:
Post a Comment