Thursday, September 17, 2009

Journaling



I feel it is so important to journal. I remember when my mom gave me my first journal in 3rd grade. It was small and came wit a gold heart lock. My mom explained to me what a journal was and gave examples on what to write in it. I still have that journal today along with many other journals. I'm not the best at writing things down everyday, or even every month. I do make a point to write the most important information down. My blog is another way I keep track of the things that go on on a daily basis.

Two Sundays ago I decided to talk to the boys about journaling. I bought two binders and added some lined paper in them. I put their names on the front of the binders so they knew it was only for them. They loved it! They seemed to get the concept of what journaling is about. I showed them how to put there names on the top along with the date. Both boys drew pictures and wrote a few words. Since they are still young, I'm only having them journal on Sunday evenings. That way they can pick out something that happened or they liked or had fun doing throughout the week. Already they look forward to getting there journals out on Sundays. Avery also wanted to be part of the action and so I give her a notebook and crayons and she draws us some great pictures! By the way I used this as one of our Family Home Evenings. It turned out to be a great lesson!

No comments: