Friday, May 6, 2011

Pine Wood Derby



Carson Ready for the races
Check out the length of this race track!! It was amazing!! Two of the men in our ward built this tougher. They did a fantastic job!!
It was the Aller Five's very first Pine Wood Derby race in April. Not having a clue on how this all works I got it put together some how for the Cub Scouts. Since I am the Cub Scout Master I have the responsibility of making everything run. So not only was it my very first time as Cub Master, but it was my first time cutting out the Derby Cars. I decided to make three cars one for each of my kids. Carson is now a Bear Cub and so he wanted to decorate his to show he is now a bear! Chase wanted a super hero one so that is what I did for him. Avery had no choice but to have a pink sparkly glitter car! She loved it. I had so much fun putting these together for the big race!

Luckily for the Aller family Grandpa and Grandma Aller came into town that same day as the Derby. Since I wasn't sure of any secrets or tricks of the trade to make the cars go fast Gary Aller came to the rescue!!! Not only did he have some tricks up his sleeve but all three of our cars just ripped!!!

Carson ended up taking second place out of all the Cubs Scouts for his very first year! We owe a big thanks for Grandpa and Grandma Allers help! Avery's Car was by far the fastest out of the three kids. I guess the make of the model I cut for her was part of the speed. The whole night went very well and all the families had a wonderful time. I'm already excited for next year when I get to think up the next winning cars design!! :)

Here are some fun pictures of the Pine Wood Derby Night.

I thought these pictures were so funny! We had a Derby Car that you could have the kids stick there heads through and take pictures. So here are Avery, Chase, and Carson :)




Avery and her Pink Car
Chase and his Spider man car. We wrote Chaser down the middle of his car too.



Grandpa with Avery and a silly Chase


Carson, Chase, and Grandma Aller. Conner is one of Carsons good friends in the picture. He is giving Carson bunny ears


Chase, Carson, and Averys Derby Cars!


Here are the score of the open Pine Wood Derby races. So this is any one that built a car to race that night. You can see all three of my kids are in the top 10. Carson almost got first but missed it by a sec. Way to go Aller Kids!!



Of course I just loved that my pink car rocked it that night!!! I had to represent the girls :)

No comments: