Sunday, January 10, 2010

Frozen Orange Juice Anyone?


I just took these pictures today on the way home from church. Jason pointed the orange groves out that had frozen ice on them. I don't think this is a everyday occurrence so I wanted to document this. I also saw the local news at the "You Pick Citrus" down the road from our house. So I know they were going to have something on this. It has been record temps here in central Florida. Its funny because one morning I was driving Carson to the bus stop and I would see people out scraping their cars. The funny part was it was just a little dew that froze. I think if they just breathed on it, it would have melted. I also had a friend say she actually called a northerner to ask how to get ice of her windshield. I only laugh because I use to live in Minnesota, Kansas City, and Nebraska were it truly is COLD!

We have had to turn our heater on for the past week which is not usual at all. We are use to having to run our air conditioner most the year, but this has been a different winter here. Christmas day we were hot enough were we did turn our A/C on. I still can't find my mittens and scarves. I really haven't needed them for so long that I have no idea where they could be? Enjoy my frozen orange tree pictures :)

No comments: