Okay so the surgery went well, but I do have to say the recovery is not so good! I stayed in the hospital for two days and loved it because of the morphine I got to have at a push of a button. It wasn't until I got home did I start having pain and problems.
First of all I had "Laprascopic Super Cervical Hysterectomy" I know way to much to say! Well I did get to keep my ovaries, due to what the doctor saw. I guess they are still in good shape. My main complaint is actually gas they pumped in me to blow up my abdomen. It helps for the doctor to look around and check things out with his camera. Well I was warned about the gas pain I would have for awhile, and how it will hurt more than anything else that I had done, and so far that is the TRUTH!! Man am I in pain from the gas they put in me. It goes up into my coller bone and shoulder. It really hurts just to take a breath. I called a nurse to ask how long it would be till it passed and she said anywhere from a week to two. Yikes I'm not a patient person. Also the other side effect I'm having is I feel very Nauseous. If I didn't know any better I would think I was pregnant!! It doesn't matter what I do I just feel sick. Smells even bother me so much that I don't want to get out of bed. That too the nurse said will pass but it could take up to a month or two to regulate. Yikes again!! I have three incisions on my abdomen. One is in my belly button, then to the left of my belly button, then right in the middle of my "C" section scar. It looks yucky right now and I'm waiting for the stereo strips to come off. I cant drive, clean, lift my HUGE children for two weeks. I wont be fully healed for at least 6 to 8 weeks. It does remind me of having a "C" section but with out a baby. Well I thank you all for your love and support through this all. I truly hope this is the last of anything big to happen to me! EVER AGAIN!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I feel your pain! I am sure that the worst is over with. Take the time to recover...trust me! The pain will pass and you will get used to the other side effects as time goes on. Endometriosis is NOT fun, but you CAN live with it. Let me know if you need anything!
We use heat pads on our women with that complaint of the "gas" pains. They are the worst. I don't know if you've tried that yet...but it seems to help some. Let me know if you have any other questions...maybe I can help?!
Oh my gosh! That doesn't sound fun at all!!! 6 weeks after I had Caleb I had to get my gall bladder out, and they did it lapriscopically. (sp) 3 scars and all. But I do remember how PAINFUL the gas was! I hated it so bad! Sadly, I didn't have a button to press for pain, I had to call the nurse in every time! I totally feel for ya!
Hope you recover quick!
Hey you! Glad to see that all went well with the surgery, but sorry about the pain. Really though, Cammy, now you have an excuse;_) Just kidding, miss ya! Take Care!
Oh, so glad you're okay. I can't imagine that kind of pain... get better soon.
Aaaahhhh! Yuck. I'm cringing with the thought of all the pain you are dealing with. I hope your recovery gets better soon. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Post a Comment