Thursday, November 20, 2008

Enrichment Night


I was asked to be in charge of a Thanksgiving table for Enrichment night. I love crafts and making things, so this was so much fun. As you see in the picture below my table ideas!



Sorry I had to take two pictures to fit it in. I got most of my ideas off of Family Fun.com I love this website. As pictured; I made a (FALL) letter block decor, and next to that is directions on how to make Pumpkin Pie Play dough for the kids. I will try to post the directions on that one. In the very back on the table I have different size picture frames with the letters spelling the word (LEAVES) It looks so cute on a shelf or counter top.


This picture has a fun way to write down and display what your thankful for. I took a branch from a tree outside then stuck it in a soup cup I had. Then tied raffia for loops to hold the thankful tag on. When your guest come in the house you can have it out for them to write on the tags then have them hang it on the branch. You can read when gathered at the table. Also for name holders I saw a cute idea to paint rocks whatever color you want and then write the names of your guests on them by there plates. They are called "Plymouth Rocks" Then I did my Pilgrim hat deserts. I have these directions on a post below. I also made Fall magnets for your fridge; they can also be for the kids to play with while waiting to eat! I also made a garland hanging from the front of the table. It says "Give Thanks" It was so fun to find stickers and lettering to make this. I have a few other small items but they don't show in the pictures.



It was a wonderful Enrichment activity the Relief Society put on. It had a wonderful message and we even worked on some service projects for family's and children less fortunate. I now have some Thanksgiving decor for my house that I didn't before! Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Cookin With Carey said...

Wow what a great looking table and such a cute model ;)
You are so crafty it makes me jealous haha! I wish you weren't so far away so we could do this kind of stuff together.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics ;)