It was so weird leaving Florida in 100 degree weather and 4 hours later landing in Minneapolis/St.Paul in the middle of it snowing! Talk about one extreme to the next! I laughed because everyone on the plane with me was still wearing flip flops and the Hawaiian print shirts. They all were on there way back home to MN from Orlando. You would think they would know better with them being from MN. I think I was the only one ready and dressed for snow when we landed. It was pretty funny. One of my favorite things that happened on my trip was when they bumped me up to first class on the way to MN. I used my sky miles card from Delta and I just wanted to to see if they could add the miles onto my card. Next thing I know he says I can board and he upgraded my seat. I was so shocked! I have to say once you fly first class its hard going back! I think I had about 5 Twix bars and 4 Diet Cokes. What luxury!
My mom picked me up in the cities and it was still about a 2 and half hour drive to Brainerd, MN. It was great because I haven't seen her in almost two years so the drive went fast. We talked the whole time only to stop and take a sip of our Diet Cokes. It was so nice to be with my mom again. Even for MN it was surprising for it to be snowing this early into October. I loved it though because it had been record highs in Florida. It gave me a chance to cool off for a week. It was great being back in the house I lived in for 5 years. My mom and I had many adventures while I was there. One of them being someone taking out my moms rear view mirror while we where pulling up to a pump to get some gas! I think we stayed up till about 1 or 2 am every night. We also got up early and started our day with the weather channel. We based what we did on weather and how cold it was. We had a blast going from shop to shop browsing and looking at all the fun decor. One trip was to Fleet Farm (its a store in the Midwest) and my mom was hoping to find some ammo for her guns. You can see me in the pictures with some ammo behind me. Oh yes I so want to own a gun. I'm all for barring arms! I was hoping to have a chance to shoot a gun or two. The weather was just not going our way though.
I am happy to say that I am now a proud owner of an I Pod Touch! I got it will in MN and have had a ball playing with it and adding apps as I go. I have never owned such a cool device as this. I have never had any kind of I Pod or MP3 Player. So this is huge for me and I'm loving it. It helps having a place to write notes and dates that I can refer to later. I love picking up my kids now at school because I'm never bored due to all the fun games I have on it. Truly the coolest invention yet. Now I just need to find places with free WI FI and then I'm set. Thank you mom for your knowledge with electronics to help set me up.
Of course time flies when your having fun and I'm back to reality once again. I did miss my family very much but Jason was a trooper the whole week by himself with the kids. The house was even totally cleaned with floors mopped and everything when I arrived home. It was a great trip and I miss my mom so much already. Thank you mom for a wonderful trip!




1 comment:
Yay, you're back! I'm glad you liked your trip. We need to catch up sometime))
Post a Comment