The ladies who won the makeovers!
Conny and Me ready to go out on the town
For my Relief Society Activity in May I had a theme called "Powder Me Pink" I am blessed to have very talented sisters. My sister Quincy and her friend Deddra came to visit and also help me out with my evening. My sister Conny flew down from Nashville, TN and brought her whole salon with her. Well at least all the products and coloring creams she needed. I had Conny pick 4 women in our ward to get makeovers. The only requirement was that they had to be part of my evening by walking the run way. They all agreed and so Conny that morning starting at 8:00am went to work on each lady one at a time. Quincy and her friend helped rinse color and apply makeup as we were running short on time. Everyone one was finished and ready to walk the run way by 7:30pm. It was so fun to see these women have a boost of confidence and renewal. I think this was emotional for the ladies and all the women who came that evening. It was so fun to see and hear the reaction to the women in the audience. It was so great!
Here are some pictures of the set up for the evening. You can see are man-made run way for the ladies to walk out and show off their new looks!
Here is the table I set up with the feather pens I made for everyone. I also had put together small packs of paper so that the ladies could take notes if they needed. Each feather pen had a sparkly jewel on it. I thought it would be fun to add as much girly touches as possible!
Here is the "Pink" Lemonade drink table!
This is the table I set up with different syrups and sprinkels for our Ice cream sundae's
I also had the opportunity to teach the Activity Day Girls in our ward a fun dance to preform that night. It was for there moms and also to give my sister a few minutes to set up for the fashion part of the evening. These girls where so much fun to teach. They danced to the song " You're Not Fully Dressed Without A Smile" from the musical "Annie" It was perfect for the Powder Me Pink theme I was going on. I made them these colorful feather clips and they each wore a boa around there neck along with a bead of necklaces. It was so fun to see them smiling and having a good time :)
Here is an example of one of the fun posters I made. I had about 4 different posters decorated all fun to match the night. Each one had a different purpose. This one is a fun list of beauty tips and reminders from my sister Conny. Some of the other posters were placed around the room so that as people walked around they could read some fun facts and also some reminders to us as members of the church on out looks on life.
This was one of my favorite projects. Since it was just Mothers Day I wanted all the women to take something relaxing and fun home with them. I got the idea off a friend from Nebraska Amber M. I made them into Ice Cream Sundae's though. I just used some Epsom Salt, some vanilla and lavender fragrance, a colored bath puff, a colored straw and to top it off a pink or red round bath bead. I put a picture frame in front of the table and it said " Relax and Enjoy a Sundae" The women each got to pick one out and take it home with them. This was such a fun night.
Thank You to all who participated and helped out. I will always remember this night and know how I got to do this with my two sisters! Love you guys :)



No comments:
Post a Comment