Since we have a very small budget to work with we have had to get creative. We decided to make our Camp shirts. We found T shirts for $2.00 each and then used a Cricket machine to make the stencil. It takes a lot of time to cut out each individual shirt but we did. Jason was such a help and we spent our date night staying up late and painting all 23 shirts together. Now that's LOVE!!
We have three days of space fun! I really am getting so excited to hold this camp. I think its going to be fun to work with my leaders and leave fun memories with the boys. The best part of all of this is that I get to be with Carson. It has been fun being with him throughout his first year of Cub Scouts. I will fill you in on how camp goes after next week. It's going to be busy!
Found this saying from a NASA site and thought it would be perfect to introduce Cub Scout Camp

Found These Yummy Moon Pie's to hand out to all the Cubs to get them excited for Space Camp!

This is what I attached to the backs of each Moon Pie
Here is a sample display of things we will be talking about and making at camp.

Carson, and his scout buddies making their camp visors for Day Camp

This is how all the leaders and I introduced all the boys and their parents to our Camp theme. I was a total dork, but that was the point! We just try to have fun!! The music in the background is "2011 Space Odyssey" One of our Den leaders even made herself a space alien costume. The signs they are holding up spells out "COME TO SPACE CAMP"



No comments:
Post a Comment