What an amazing opportunity we had while in Utah this summer to see the Angle Moroni be placed on the Brigham City Temple that is still under construction! Amazing experience for me and the kids. Kathy and I along with 5 kids drove to Brigham City, UT to join hundreds of other members to watch this unique event. As you can see in the pictures below are a sea of people sitting on the ground with their umbrellas and blankets trying to stay dry. Yep! It started to rain at least 45 minutes before the event started. Yikes! we only had one umbrella that only covered maybe three of us. Kids where tiered, wet, and hungry by the time the angle Moroni was to be placed. Let me tell you fun times :)
I love the lord so much because he always gives us that hope and a piece of him to show us that he is with us and he loves us. Just as us and the crowd where getting upset because of the weather issue. The rain stopped right at 12:00 and the sun came out right over the temple area. I know my mother in law and I teared up and cried. I was filled with the spirit and I know that god was looking over his work. I will always remember that feeling I had that day. I realized how easily I and others give up and can turn to complaining and loss of hope. I sat there cold, wet, uncomfortable, and with 5 kids that where also hungry thinking I can't believe this is happening now! I lost faith and hope for that short time and realized how easily I forget the bigger picture. As soon as that sun came out, out of nowhere it seemed and the rain stopped I Knew! I felt humbled and grateful.
The lessons we learn from situations can stay with you forever. I know my heavenly father lives and he loves.
Guess who we got to meet up with? The Dewberrys! We got to catch up real quick and see the kids and how much they have grown. Laurie it was so great to see you and your cute family :)
Carson, Chase, and Maya waiting to see the angle placed



1 comment:
I love everything you wrote. It is so true how quickly we can go from happy to sad but with knowing the big picture, we shouldn't let little things affect us in a negative way. And I'm so sad I missed that. I had no idea they were placing Moroni on the temple. Darn. That would have been fun to see! Glad you had a good experience.
Also, I can't remember if I emailed you or not but I started a new, private blog and I wanted to invite you. I may have already invited you but I wanted to make sure! Let me know your email address if you need an invite!
Post a Comment