If you look close there is a huge grasshopper on his shirt.
Spider
Holding different spiders that are dead in a case (really big ones)Our local library which is called Cagan Crossing has the coolest shows for kids. The theme this summer is "Catch the reading bug" They have a reading program for the summer where your kids go for a 45 minute reading time every week and they have games and story time and also they do a craft at the end. Carson and Chase love it Besides the reading time they offer different shows once a week. One week they had a Butterfly pavilion, and even a magic show. 0 This week they had the "creepy crawly bug show." It was so cool and yet gross at the same time. I forgot the guys name but he had every bug you can think of with him to talk about and show. He talked about the bugs that are native to Florida, which was good for me because I need to know what we are dealing with here. He had talked about the cock roaches as he let one of them crawl up his arm! "I hate cock roaches" Then he had the worlds smallest scorpions that mind you are all over Florida and show up in your house. Again... Yikes! He then showed every spider that can be found in Florida. Some were alive, others were dead. I have intense arachnophobia. I can handle most anything except spiders. So at this point my stomach was turning. The worst spider he showed alive was the Huntsman spider. These things can get as big as your hand and are very poisonous. He said you will find these in your garage or sheds and they are super fast and can jump. AHHHHH!!...I hate spiders... Then he moved on to snakes which I don't mind as long as they aren't poisonous. For the finale...only in Florida at the local library would you see this...he pulled out a baby alligator. It was so cool, and the kids loved it. I tried to get some good shots of the bugs so you can see but they didn't come out to clear. You have to watch the video I shot of him talking about the cock roach it is very interesting. " Did you know that the cockroach is the only bug that can eat your hair and eyelashes!" Sorry if you have any nightmares after reading this and seeing the pictures. "Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite"
This is about the snake The great Cockroach



4 comments:
THAT is cool. My kids would so be all over this...while I ran screaming out the back door of the library.
Yeah, I think the parents would be the ones freaking out! You guys are brave to sit throught the whole thing!
wow--what a great show! i'll have to tell ms. sandy to round up someone here :-). thankfully, we won't have the 3" roaches and huntsman spiders...i'm with you all the way on that one--i'm terrified of spiders!!!
That is so cool! We have the bug thing going on here too at our library! Glad to see that I am not the only one that is not freaked out by snakes. You Rock!
Post a Comment