Tuesday, June 10, 2008
My Stingray Experience!
Okay I mentioned in an earlier blog that I was stung by a stingray at St. Pete's Beach in Florida. It was our first time to take the kids to the beach and enjoy the day. Everything went well until I decided to go into the ocean. No joke Jason and the kids where out there swimming around and playing for like 30-40 minutes and having a great time, when I go in not only but two minutes and water only up to my knees and I get stung by a stingray. Of course I don't know what happened at first and thought I got cut by a piece of glass. I get up to shore and I'm bleeding on top of my toe. I had Jason come look at it, but I was starting to have severe pain. I thought no this cant be from a piece of glass I think something got me. I thought of a Jelly Fish and or a Sea urchin, or a fish. I still at this moment could not stand up because I was bleeding and in so much pain. I finally hobbled up to my towel when the pain started shutting up my leg so intense I knew then that I got stung by something. Jason asked the lady next to us what she thought and she looked at my toe and said "well that's not a jelly fish" but I will go find a medic and you need some help. At this point I'm screaming and crying because the pain is up my whole leg and into my groin. I cant even began to explain how much it hurt. I thought for sure it was poison and it was headed for my heart. Truly I thought this is where I was going to die! No joke. Finally I look out a mile and see the lady that went to get help and about four Medics. Wow did I ever feel special. They asked me what happened and I showed them where it was on my toe and they did not hesitate to let me know I got stung by a stingray! What!! I never thought I would be stung by a stingray. I spent the rest of my day at the beach sitting on a bench soaking my foot in very hot water while everyone starred at me. All the medics said that the only thing that helps with the pain is heat. Well I wanted to say give me the morphine! Stingray stings are very painful and they say its one of the worst pains you can have, Yeah I would say that is the truth!. Anyway I'm alive and I did return to the beach a week later and it was awesome except for the sunburn I got. Oh FYI May and June are Mating season for Stingrays. Wish I had that information sooner.!
Labels:
Stingray and Cammy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
OUCH! Not a fun experience for a fun beach trip. I have been to that beach. Gorgeous! You can't beat Florida beaches. We will have to come visit sometime. =)
Post a Comment