Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Made It!



Okay I also made it last February. However, with my luck they went on a hiring freeze! So once you make it into the "Pool", as they call it, you have 6 months until you can audition again. So it has been 6 months and tonight I went for it again. I have to say I just love auditions. It reminds me of when I went on calls to Hollywood and also auditioned for ballets. So no matter what... I look at it as experience... and it is a lot of fun! I also meet some really great people from all over. I always end up in fun conversations. So tonight there were about 200 people auditioning. Last time I think there were like 60 or so. I was a little intimidated when we were all called into the dance room to learn the first routine. I kept thinking to myself, "I'm here to have fun and do my best." They then had us all sit down and they started reading off numbers. I was pretty nervous because I at least wanted to make it past the first round.

I DID! It was also neat because one of the young women in my church ward was there trying out too. We got to stand next to each other in the tryout. Her number was called to go to a different room. They don't tell us why. I was called to stay in the same room to do more dancing. I think at this point they let half of the people auditioning go. Only about 50 were left in the dance room and the others went to do face characters. That is where my friend went. We then had to learn a whole new dance routine. It was much harder and took a lot of energy. They then asked us to do some acting as well. Only 4 at a time got to go in the middle of the room and then perform in front of the judges. I was put smack in the middle front. I ate it up! I did the best I could and then had to wait for the results. Its like the worst feeling when you have no idea if they are calling your number to be cut or to move on to the next round. When it was over there were 7 of us left in the room. There were 5 girls and 2 boys. All the girls were 18 to maybe 23. I was for sure the oldest since I am turning 30 in two months. I felt pretty good at this point being picked in the top 5 girls out of almost 200! So they asked us to do the routine and act again and this time they were going to film it. By this point I was exhausted and really burned out from already dancing for 4 hours. I got out there and did my thing and I felt really good about it. They then had the 7 of us go into another room to wait. I have no idea what all the different rooms are for and the reasoning for it. In the end one of the workers came into the room and let us know we all made it. But now we have to wait for a phone call to find out what we will be doing. At this stage it is all about what height they need and what parts they need to fill. So I'm very excited and I can't wait to find out what I will be doing in the near future. My friend actually ended up getting to try on the full Snow White costume and makeup. She looked just like her. I sat by her mom and we got to see her come out in full outfit. I also thought it was fun to see another girl out of our group who got to be Tinkerbell with wig and makeup. It was so cool to see the makeup artist put someone into characters. I still need to find out from my friend if she is actually "Snow White" I should know by the morning.

I love being able to live so close to Disney and have this opportunity to audition and feel some of the magic. I'm pretty proud of myself considering I'm almost 30 (which is old in dance years) and I have had three "C" sections and a Hysterectomy just a year ago and was with teenagers in the end. I just love it!

3 comments:

Ute Family said...

Yay!!!! You are so adorable! I love that you try out for these things and cograts on making it. I would feel way to self confident to do that with all of those teens! I can't wait to hear updates. Be sure and let us know what your official gig will be. Seriously that's so awesome! I love it!

Ute Family said...

p.s. I had no idea you had a hysterectomy...do you mind my asking why!

michelle said...

That is so cool! So cool. So cool.

Congratulations - I'm so proud.