Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lake Louisa

I truly love living in Clermont. We are surrounded by orange groves and lakes. I love waking up and opening the blinds to see a beautiful lake view from my house. I also love taking back roads to see the many lakes that Clermont has. On Saturday we decided to check out Lake Louisa State Park which is only a few miles from our house. I drive by the entrance all the time and have never gone inside. It is a park that you can camp out in tents and even cabins. They have horseback riding trails and also a beach. They have canoeing and kayaking along with fishing. I had no idea that this state park was so big. It kept going and going. It had hiking trails and picnic tables everywhere. We parked and got out by the beach area. The water levels where to low to go swimming so we will have to come back when they allow swimming. We took a little walk out to the water and played in the sand. We also took a little walk down a path which led us to some huge trees to climb. The kids have never climbed a tree before so Jason helped Carson do so. You can see in the picture Carson needed some help up. The kids just loved running through the trees and looking around at nature. It was the perfect weather and day to do an activity like this. I love nature and especially when I'm surrounded by tall trees. We drove around he park and looked at all the campsite areas and the other lakes around. We for sure would love to do a family camp out sometime.







After we walked around and got a good look at everything, we pulled over into a pretty spot where we ate lunch and the kids took turns riding the Power Wheels Jeep I got a year ago. I finally got a battery for it, so this was their first time to actually ride it. They each took turns riding Avery around and Chasing each other. The best is when Avery tried to drive it and Carson was the passenger. Look at the picture to see his reaction to Avery trying to drive. We really had a fun day at the state park. We will for sure be going back and soon! You can see the kids in action down below




No comments: