Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Carson's Baptism Fireside



Last Sunday all the 7 year old boys and girls at church had a special fireside just for them. It was about being baptized when they turn 8 this new year. There are 12 of them in Carson's primary class that will be baptized in 2010. Carson is so excited about turning 8. It is nearly driving us nuts! What a special little spirit he is though. He often reminds me that he will be turning 8 in April and that his dad will get to baptize him. He truly looks forward to that moment and will even talk about how happy it makes him feel. I'm so grateful for his mind and the understanding he has already for the gospel. He already talks about going on his mission when he is 18 ( even though it is 19) and that when he is 25 he will get married in a temple! I love that one! He really does think you have to be 25 to get married because that is how old Jason was when we got married. Truthfully I am going to let him keep thinking that as long as it can....

I just can't believe how fast he has grown up, and that I will have my first son be baptized by his dad. It is such a special feeling to me as a mother. In the video above Carson and the rest of the children are singing a song about being baptized. The white gift bags behind him where given to all the kids to help remind them of their up coming baptismal date. Inside where a pair of brand new white socks. They will wear them on the day of there baptism. The whole program was wonderful, and you couldn't help but feel the spirit. How blessed I am to have such a wonderful little boy named Carson.

No comments: