
I received a new church calling back in October. I really wasn't expecting it at all. So I was called to serve as the Relief Society meeting Coordinator. Which means I plan out all the evening activities for the women in our ward. I have never had this calling and really never got to go to any of these activities because I was always teaching dance in the evenings. So this was a wonderful opportunity to not only be there but to organize and run the show. I posted the invitation below so you can see the theme. I have danced in the Nutcracker from the time I was 6 years old along with my other brothers and sisters. So I have always loved nutcrackers. So I decided to put it to use. Long story short I had 12 women sign up to decorate a table with their own decorations and place settings. It was so beautiful to walk in the room and see the amazing tables shine. I had each woman talk about there table and where they found there China and so on. We had an amazing spread of food and desserts that evening. Man can everyone cook and bake in my ward! Well as the evening went on we had a spiritual thought that we used for a little handout. It was such a neat story and poem at the end. I bought white wash cloths and rolled them up and tied a ribbon around each one with the story attached. This is how it read and a picture of how it turned out.
HERE IS WHAT IT SAID
At first glance, it is easy to look at a towel as a most ordinary object. Have you ever stopped to think that for thousands of years the towel has been used for many wonderful purposes.
For example, the mother who wipes the tears of a child to soothe an emotional or physical hurt; the physician who binds the wounds of a bleeding patient; or the woman in her home wiping her hands as she moves from task to task.
Perhaps the most significant use of the towel happened nearly two thousand years ago when our Savior, only hours before he hung on the cross, took an ordinary towel in His loving hands and dried the feet of His disciples. This simple, loving act personifies the selflessness and loving service we seek to give during our lives. It illustrates that an ordinary thing like a towel, in the right hands, and with a giving heart, can lighten another's load. As with every action performed by the Savior on this earth, His act of service reminds us that simple day-to-day kindnesses are the Savior's way to bless and comfort.
This towel is given with love, and with the hope you will do works of goodness with it as the Savior did so many years ago.
This is a poem that can be given with a towel, or paper towels, a sponge etc.
May the ABSORBING
Spirit of the season;
BLOT out problems,
SOAK up sorrows,
WIPE AWAY difficulties,
and may your HOLIDAYS
be SHINING and BRIGHT!
Since it was a Nutcracker themed dinner I put my dancing talent to use. Trust me when I say I never thought that I would put on a TUTU since having children. Its been 10 years since I have performed in the Nutcracker. I am also turning 30 next month and in dancer years is OLD! So I made up a ballet dance to the Sugar Plum Fairy. I only practiced three days in advance and it was mostly in my head as I was running the kids to school and back. I wore a tiara and the whole bit. I absolutely loved performing once again in front of people. Even if I'm not very good these days. I truly love dance and do miss it so much. I have some pictures below of me in my Tutu and also I posted the dance that a friend filmed for me. Its a little choppy but you can get the basic idea. After my dance I then asked all the ladies in the room to come up and learn a small part from the party scene in the Nutcracker ballet I was in many years ago. I really wasn't sure if anyone would come up, but so many did. I was so glad that they all had a good attitude about it and gave it a go. It was only a few 8 counts but they laughed and had a good time with it. I also posted that below as well.
I felt the spirit the whole evening and everything ran smoothly. I'm truly blessed to be in such a amazing ward in Florida. I have so many good friends that support and helped me make this a great night. I 'm thankful for the talents that were given to me, and I'm also thankful to my parents who allowed me to find and support my talents as I was growing up.



2 comments:
you look amazing Cam! Hope you guys are having a great Holiday Season! =)
My goodness, could you be any cuter? i love that you peformed for a RS party. That's awesome! And you looked great. So much fun. I'm glad you've made so many friends in FL. Where exactly do you live in FL? I had some friends that just moved there and they are pretty lonely. But I know the chances of them being in your ward are slim to none but you never know!!!
Thanks for posting the videos...they were so good. What a talent you are! Have a MErry Christmas!
Post a Comment