Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009



Since this was our first Christmas in Florida I wanted to have a fun Christmas Eve. The kids each got to buy something for each other at the store. Even though it was suppose to be a surprise on what they picked out for each other, each of them knew what each other got before we left the store with the gifts. Even so they still acted surprised when they opened their gifts from each other. Carson and Chase both picked out a baby doll for Avery. Avery really got into it once I got the doll out of the box. I posted two videos from Christmas eve of the kids opening each others gifts. Gary and Kathy Aller I got a great shot of Jason on the couch shacking his head when Carson opened up the game Hungry Hungry Hippos! That one is just for you guys :)

Another tradition I started in our household is the symbols of Christmas and what they mean. I forgot to get a picture of the mini tree and the meanings before I put it away. Next time I will show it. I read one of the symbols of Christmas like the Christmas star and or the meaning of the color red, and green. Then one of the kids finds the mini ornament that matches the meaning I read and they hand it on the mini Christmas tree. The kids really enjoye d that and had fun putting the mini ornaments on. We also did the Nativity. We have small wooden Nativity set that grandma Aller gave us a year ago. It was perfect as Jason read the story of baby Jesus and the kids set up the scene to match the part Jason was reading. We also took turns picking a Christmas Carol to sing and laughed more then we sang. The kids wrote Santa a note and left chocolate cupcakes and a huge cup of milk for Santa before they went to bed. They could hardly wait till Christmas morning. I love my little family.

No comments: