Friday, August 13, 2010

Avery Gets Stitches

The wound













In her new swimming lessons, Avery learned to jump in the swimming pool and turn around and grab the wall. As a result, she now has three stitches in her chin. I think she got over confident after her swim lesson on Thursday morning. We stayed after swim class to swim in our community pool with Carson and Chase. Avery was swimming around really good and was the boys jumping in and out of the pool. Avery of course learned to do this and jumped in way to close to the wall and hit her chin. The weird part was she cried for a few seconds and that was it. I never saw blood or a visible cut so we stayed for another hour swimming. It wasn't until we got home and took showers that I noticed something on the bottom of Avery's chin. She never complained about it at all so I would have never noticed until I went to get her dressed. I looked and there was a pretty big gash. So off to the Doctor we went ...


Just got the numbing medicine injected. Poor little girl!













Avery did awesome and only cried a little when they injected her with the numbing medicine. The doctor even said that he has never seen a little one do so well with stitches. Way to go Avery! She even gave the doctor a pound before we left. She is doing fine now and hasn't even mentioned it since yesterday. She gets her stitches out in 5 days and will be able to start her swim lessons up again.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

what a tough little chica! she sure is a cutie-pie :-).

your trip looked awesome! i love the pics of all the little girls in their tu-tus--sooo cute!

Albanie said...

what is up with our Averys being tough cookies! Avery is the same. Every shot she's gotten-not one tear drop! It's amazing! Your kiddos are getting so big!