Friday, August 6, 2010

Time With My Dad California Trip Part 3

I had a very wonderful trip to California. After a day with my brother Brady I meet up with my dad who lives in Fall Brook. I spent three full days with him. I got to really relax and enjoy the beautiful gardens that surround their home. It was perfect weather and we spent a lot of time enjoying it. My dad was able to work with me and teach me a new wood working skill. The "Scroll Saw"!! I'm totally addicted and is now my new hobby of choice. I truly spent all day long in his garage where he has an awesome wood shop. I took some pictures of two of my favorite saws. The band saw and scroll saw. I loved every minute learning how to cut out patterns and understand how the scroll saw works. I felt like I really got the hang of it and I was soon on a roll cutting out Dinosaur puzzles. I will show some of the pictures in a later post since I don't have the pictures yet of what I made. They will be posted soon. I also learned how to use a flap sander and many other tools. I really have a love for wood working and since getting my own scroll saw I am so excited to get busy cutting out more fun projects.

While I was visiting with my dad I was able to snap a few pictures of some of the unusual plants that they have and also the neat bird houses my dad makes. You can see these in the pictures below. My two older brothers Cory and Brady came Sunday to my dads house for a BBQ get together before I had to head back to UT. It was really fun to see everyone. My brother Cory and his family were able to spend most the afternoon and evening with us. We all had a wonderful time and it was great to catch up with everyone. I really enjoy visiting family as much as I can and I was so glad to visit with my dad and two brothers. I love family :)

Me and My Dad


My Favorite Tool "Scroll Saw"


Another favorite "Band Saw"




Brady, Me, and Cory


My Nieces and Me

No comments: