Monday, August 30, 2010

Me and My Tools

I love wood working and tools. Over my summer vacation I learned about the scroll saw. I had a blast and my dad was able to show me so much. My dad has a whole garage space for his work shop and one day I would love to have my own as well. My most recent purchase is my very own scroll saw! I will also be getting a new drill press. My dad also sent me my new flap sander in the mail. I'm so excited to slowly build my own work shop. Here are some pictures of me putting together my scroll saw and putting together a storage unit for the kids toys. I also have a little mini me. Avery loved watching me put everything together and she even helped screw some screws in and nailed a nail in the wood. She was with me the whole time and she loved it. It looks like I will be showing her more then just crafts and sewing. I think she would love to get into the world of wood working :) Enjoy




My second project of the week was putting together this storage unit for the kids toys. I love how it turned out! I also love how my kids join in on projects with me. Carson had fun helping nail down some of the wood pieces. Avery didn't miss any of the action either!





This is what the end result will look like after we finish

No comments: