Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My First Sushi Dinner

































For family home evening on Monday I decided to do something fun for dinner. When I was up visiting my mom she made homemade sushi rolls. I guess its more like California rolls. I actually don't eat raw fish for a variety of reasons. So I had my mom show me and thought it would be fun to do this one evening for the family.

I'm not saying I'm a professional by any means but I did do pretty good for the first time. I have pictures below to show how I made the California rolls. I also bought fortune cookies to have after everyone at least tried the dinner. I had also purchased chop sticks for each of us to eat with. It was so funny to see the kids try to pick up the rolls. Chase and Avery were getting pretty frustrated. Carson got the hang of it and he was the only one that really liked it. Everyone else at least tried one or two so I was pleased. I also played some Japanese music on my Ipod while we ate. Fun Times!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Scott makes California rolls sometimes and they are yummy with pickled ginger. Sounds nasty but very good.