Okay it is time to put this in writing. If you haven't heard the story I will do my best to sum it up and keep it short. It was one of the most interesting moments I have ever had shopping at a store. This all happened at the Walmart store closest to my house. I go there often and never have I experienced something like this. I am very glad that I was alone and my kids were not with me when this all happened. So here it is
Saturday around 5:30pm I went to get a few items from Walmart. It is always crazy busy on the weekends there and so I usually try to park by the Lawn and Garden area. That way when I am done shopping I can check out faster due to most people not going out that way. So I pulled up behind a lady no older then myself I am guessing and I noticed there was just one other family in front of her starting to check out. I thought to myself "Man I will get out of here faster then I thought"! Not even a few seconds of me waiting the lady in front of me makes a really rude comment to the man in front of her. The man was around 35-36 years old and he had two daughters around the ages of 4 and 9 months old. His mother and his grandmother were there helping him with the children. The man was busy picking up packets of seeds that I guess his daughter pulled off the shelf and his grandmother was slowly unloading the cart. The rude lady then says, "This wouldn't have happened if you were actually watching your daugther". The man turns around and says " Please mind your own business." I then realize I came up behind the lady after something must have happened between her and the man. So then the man turned and said 'Hey you need to mind your own business"! The lady then proceeded to swear a few words at him right when his mother walked up to the situation with his 4 year old daughter. The mom asked what is going on? The lady then let her have it about how long she has been waiting in line and that her son needs to be a better father.
WOW! I then realized this was not going to end anytime soon. The swearing got worse and I looked around thinking is someone going to call a manager or even security? The lady at the check stand just kept on scanning away. She wasn't giving any attention to the situation. I really started getting upset knowing the little girls and the old grandma were right there listening and seeing this happen. By this time the mom of the son was chest against chest with the wacko lady yelling back at her while the wacko lady was yelling loud "Hit me come on hit me"! All I knew was that I would need to be a witness at this point because there was going to be a brawl!
The lady was so heated that she then took her shopping cart full of grocery's and slammed it into the mans little 4 year old girl and mother. I was stunned that I just saw this right in front of me. I decided to back up and step away from the lady because she went psycho at this point. She was yelling even loader and using language I have rarely heard. The man came up to her after she slammed the cart into his daughter and I thought was going to lay her out! The mom ran up and pulled her son back because she knew the lady wanted to be hit first. I at this point couldn't just stand there any longer. I though for sure someone must be coming to stop this and yet no one did anything around us. The lady at the register just kept on scanning away like nothing was going on. I then did what came to mind and yelled out "Call security"! as I pointed to the lady at the register and then I yelled "Everyone just stop"!!! and then at that moment the wacko lady turns and gets right in my face holding her finger up and yells some very nasty curse words in my face. Me "Oh my gosh this lady is nuts" She then turned back to the man and his mother and I swear at that moment there was going to be a brawl. So I had to say something again not like it helped me the last time, but I yelled anyway "M'am I am going to be a wittiness"! Two times in a row really loud. Then out of no where with no warning
"Punch"! Left hook to my right upper jaw bone. I seriously stood there frozen for a few seconds because I couldn't believe this just happened...I have been punched in the face by a psycho lady in the lawn and garden check out at Walmart?... Next thing I know I am yelling someone stop her and call 911. The lady took off running on foot while the family in front of me called the police. I was still in shock and a little shaky. Long story short...I know... too late... the cops had caught her at a gas station trying to hide behind a cement wall and arrested her. I for the first time in my life pressed charges and had to write up a statement on the back of a cops car. I also had pictures taken of my face by the police man in front of Walmart which was awful due to everyone starring at me like I am the criminal. The officer went in and reviewed the cameras and saw everything. He did ask me what the heck I said to the lady that made her want to punch me? I told him that I said three things. "Call security, everyone stop, and I am going to be a witness"! The officer said that the whole situation is on video and that the lady is going to jail tonight.
I do have to say that I am thankful for where the lady hit me. I didn't get my nose broken or a black eye, or even my teeth knocked out. I was also lucky to not have had any bruising in the end. I did however have massive pain if I even touched near the area. I also couldn't sleep on that side of my face or talk on the phone. It hurt so bad for over a week. It is still tender today but it could have been worse. I am waiting to hear when I will need to go to court and when they will start the hearing. I am not looking forward to this and I am mad I have to waist my time at all on something that was over a lady complaning that she had to wait so long in line because the man was a bad father due to his daughter pulling some seeds off a shelf. ? I don't know what else to say about that one. I am okay and actually I can laugh about it now. I just want to say be careful when shopping anywhere you never know who is in front or in back of you.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment