Monday, March 15, 2010

Time Out For Women 2010







On March 5, and 6th I was able to attend my very first "Time Out For Women." I have heard of it before but never had the opportunity to go. So this was a treat for me. I am blessed to have such wonderful friends at church. There were about 5 of us who went together. We split a resort room and had lunch together. It is so great to just get away once in awhile with good people. We got to stay up late and talk without kids running around. Thank you ladies for a wonderful weekend! Oh in the pictures above you can see the red and white tote bag we got that weekend. They are so cute!

The program started Friday night and ended Saturday late afternoon. I had no idea what to expect except some extraordinary speakers. Friday nights speakers were Wendy Watson Nelson (wife of Elder Russel M. Nelson) who was the surprise speaker. She is one amazing women. The other speaker was Sheri Dew. She is the president and CEO of Desert Book Company. Each day they had a special singer or singers. Friday night was Dallyn Vail Bayles. At first I would have not recognized him because he was growing a beard and his hair out for an upcoming acting job I think he said. He played Hyrum Smith brother of Joseph Smith in the film "Joseph Smith" That film is one of the most eye opening LDS films I have ever seen. So it was way cool to meet him. He also has a few cd's out and his voice is amazing!

Saturday's speakers were once again all amazing. It would take way too long to detail the subjects they talked on but I will at least list who they were. First was DeAnn Flynn author of the book "The Time-Starved Family" I got to talk to her for a few minutes and she was so nice. She has 7 children and we talked about big families. S. Michael Wilcox was the only male speaker of the event. I was so happy to see the CD of his for sale. I have been looking for this Book on Cd for many years now. Its called "The Fourth Watch" It is so good. So I bought it while I was there and totally forgot to have him sign it. Oh well, maybe next time. I did however get a few more pictures with some of the speakers. The singing group for Saturday was just beautiful. They are "Mercy River" I have never heard of them but they did such a good job. They were so friendly and so nice when I went to get my picture with them. They have a song they sang called "Go Climb That Mountain" I just love it and downloaded it on ITunes. Emily Freeman, and Merrilee Boyack were also amazing speakers. Like I said I could go on forever with each of them. All in all I left totally uplifted and spiritually feed. I told my friends from church that for sure I want to come next year with them. We all had a great time and I am so glad I was able to attend.

1 comment:

michelle said...

I'm a big fan of Merrilee Boyack, I love her book "The Parenting Breakthrough" - spot-on. I'd love to see her speak.

p.s. I heard about your Wal-Mart incident - how scary! I hope you're okay.