Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trip To Kennedy Space Center












Jason and I have been waiting to take the kids to the Kennedy Space Center since we moved here. We wanted Avery to be a little older so she could appreciate it and be excited. We decided to take the kids last Saturday and spend the day together. We made it an early birthday outing for Carson since he is turning 8 in a week. Carson has really been interested in space and planets for over a year now so he was totally pumped to go. The Kennedy Space Center was awesome. We got to go inside a real space shuttle and also go on a simulator that allows you to feel like you are a astronaut taking off in the space shuttle. It was way cool. The kids loved meeting a astronaut in person and also seeing all the rockets in the garden of rockets area. My favorite was watching Chase getting ready to watch the I Max 3D movie about the moon. He looks so cute with his glasses on then the 3D glasses on top. We got a popcorn to share and I should have realized Chase needed one of his own. This kid LOVES.... popcorn! You can see in the picture Chase upset that the popcorn is all gone. The movie was awesome and Carson ate it all up. Avery actually did really well until the last hour we were there. We got to see and do everything so it was good we left when we did. Avery cried on the way out of the park saying " I want to ride the space ship" Wahhhhh........ She fell asleep 5 minutes later :) Avery also loved getting pictures taken with every astronaut that we passed by. You can see in the pictures below.

I couldn't have asked for a better day with the family. Jason and I got to actually sit together and just breath while we watched the kids run around the kids space shuttle play area. We enjoyed talking with the kids and being silly. It was a special day for us all.

No comments: