Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Dayz 2

So to start the week out for our craft time, I got out a variety of animals to put together. This is another craft I found at "Joann's Fabrics" (my favorite store) on clearance for .50 cents. You cant beat that! I found about four different animals for them to put together. I love the colorful caterpillar Avery and Chase both choose to do. Carson has really been on a kick with animals and where they live lately, so I thought this was perfect for this weeks craft. Avery really got into it, and insisted on putting the glue on herself. Carson and Chased really did a great job making there animal match the pictures on the package.

I really try to get the kids to learn a wide variety of crafts. I talk about what we are making, and how it will turn out when they finish. I talk about patience and how some crafts need more time to complete then others and why its important to use there imagination. They really do get a lot out of craft day every week and I hope that it helps them appreciate things handmade and so on. Of course this is one area I LOVE and have no problem helping them with.


No comments: