My backyard is a beautiful lake. I really don't go out there much because of the kids. I don't want them to think they can go out there anytime they want and mess around by the water. So really Its more just for the beautiful view. I love opening all the windows and having it for my scenery. So as you may or may not know Florida has alligators! This was something I honestly did not know before moving here. I really never payed much attention to Florida for some reason. So some neighbors and some really good friends of mine who have grown up here filled me in on some info that was very helpful. Mainly for safety reasons!!
So here it is. If there is a lake there are alligators (Period)! Every night at exactly 8:30pm in the evening you will be able to spot alligators. Also in the early morning they also come up from under the water. Another rule is do not disturb them during mating season! You can probably guess what would happen if you do! "I'm just saying" ! So as you can see in the picture above; I used this new information about when to spot alligators, and went out to my backyard dock. Sure enough 8:30pm on the dot guess what comes up out of the water? ALLIGATOR!!! I saw within 6-7 minutes two. It was getting dark so I didn't get the best shots of them, but you can at least see that I'm not joking around! I was close enough to the alligator in the picture that I could have thrown a rock and hit the gator from where I was standing. It was pretty close. Since learning some background on this subject, I'm not as scared as I thought I was. I do know that would change in a heart beat if one was chasing me!! :)
Well there you have it, my neighbors the alligators!



2 comments:
That's crazy!!! And I thought having stray dogs in my backyard was bad haha!
xoxo
Jamie
don't you love Florida?
Post a Comment