Friday, July 3, 2009

SYTYCD Week 4

Yikes... I can't even begin to say how disappointing it is to see the choreography this season. I think the first week went the best as far as dances, and since then it has been slim pickings for good choreography! Three dances passed for me this week. I loved the CHA CHA, and the contemporary, along with a surprising Quick Step (sometimes referred to as the "kiss of death")! I actually was grossed out by the Alien dance. Brian Freeman was the choreographer and his first time on this season. I think what is happening is that the choreographers are in competition to see who can choreograph the weirdest, odd, crazy, organic dance! I'm kind of sick of it, and its ruining the chances for the dancers. I know they should be able to dance to anything they are given but I think its gotten out of hand. So this week, I actually thought Jason and Caitlin where going to be in the bottom. I also thought they might be the ones to go home if they were. I was wrong on that one for sure. I was actually surprised they made it through, and not because they are bad dancers, but the dance was just plain weird! So, my second choice to go was Vitolio and/or Kepono for the guys. For the girls, if it wasn't Caitlin, then it would be Karla! I was right about the girls! So my favorite dance of the night was the Cha Cha performed by Brandon and Jennet. I thought it was really done well, and with great technique!



Now to Mia Micheal's; I really like her dances and I think she is brilliant in her choreography, BUT... I am turned off by her due to her arrogance and thinking she is "the stuff"!! It was awesome to see her tell Brandon that she was basically wrong about him. She still wouldn't spit it out completely but she gave it her best. I think she is just rude and self absorbed. That is just my opinion and if you disagree than let me know... I just hope the choreographers will do better next week for the dancers. I want to see some classic dancing, and have it be more happy! No more dark, alien, dieing stuff! Until next week "Keep On Dancing"

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

i'm right there w/you on mia. i get a bit disgusted w/her arrogance as well. it is unfortunate that the dancers have to take the bad rap for poor/weird choreography!