I have really been behind on my posts. So here is one of the latest activities I have done with the kids. I also tied this into a Family Home Evening lesson. I gathered all the fruits and veggies in my fridge and prepared them on a platter. I purchased a great juicer about 5 years ago and I put that to work as well. Since this month for Young Women's has been centered around being fit and healthy I decided to do my lesson with the kids on healthy foods. Its funny because we talked about all the different fruits and veggies on the platter and the kids didn't really ever try celery! Its because its not one of my favorites and I don't buy it often. So we talked about what was the veggies we cut up and talked about how important it is to have a variety of fruits and veggies. We talked about the Word of Wisdom and tied it into the spiritual aspects of being healthy. The kids loved this lesson and at the very end of the lesson we took all the veggies and fruits and juiced them into a big healthy fresh drink. This was also the first time the kids have tried fresh juice from the juicer. They loved it and kept asking for more. It was great! First thing this morning they asked if we could juice again. Love It!!!
Kids ready to get juicing!

The variety of veggies and fruit we used to juice and also talked about

Kids loved seeing the juice come out
No comments:
Post a Comment