Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Dayz 4

HOME MADE FRUITY PLAY DOUGH

The kids and I took on a bigger challenge this week and made home made fruity play dough. I found this recipe on a blog which once again I didn't remember or write down, but I printed out the recipe for it. I also like the recipe because it is simple to make, and the kids love the way it smells. The blog said it was a recipe from the Martha Stewart show. So here is how its made:

15/ min prep


1 CUP FLOUR
1PACKAGE KOOL-AID ( any colour, makes it smell good)
1 TABLESPOON VEGETABLE OIL
1/4 CUP SALT
1 CUP BOILING WATER

1. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl then oil, then pour boiling water in and mix thoroughly.
2. Wrap in cellophane or air tight container and store in fridge.
3. Should last a few months.

I let the kids each pour ingredients in and help mix it. They also loved picking out the color and smell they wanted at the store. It really did turn out great and I keep them in zip lock baggies in the fridge. I found my rolling pin and cookie cutter container and let them go at it! They loved it and I think they really loved helping make it from scratch! This was a great summer dayz week!



CHOCOLATE BANANA'S

Okay so we made a fun, cheap, yummy mid day snack to go with our activity. The kids also loved helping make this snack. I have been craving bananas so much this summer. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I never was one to ever eat them before. So this snack was perfect for me as well. The steps to making these is so easy and actually are on the back of the chocolate box. The kit was a total of $1.08 at Walmart! All you need is bananas, and the kit comes with the chocolate and Popsicle sticks. They were delicious and my kids enjoyed them as well, which is unusual! So there you have it a craft and a dessert or snack to make for these long summer dayz!! Happy crafting! :)



No comments: