I have to remember to do more activities like this in the future so that they learn some cooking and preparing food skills. This was also a great bonding experience for me with the kids. I got to see how each of them took on helping me in the kitchen. If you ask Chase what he did with the corn he will probably say " Something with the corn or something" He is too funny!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Summer Dayz 3
So this week instead of a craft I decided to mix it up a bit. The kids and I went to the store and picked out a few things for dinner. I decided that since corn on the cob is on sale that I would add that in with dinner tonight. Realizing I have never made corn on the cob since having the kids, that tonight we would. So I had the kids each pick out two pieces of corn and I told them that they were going to help me prepare dinner tonight. It was fun to see them get excited when I told the plans. So I decided to have hamburgers tonight along with the corn. So when it was time, I had the kids gather around the trash can and handed them one piece of corn to husk. They had no idea what" Husking" corn meant. So It was perfect to have them learn. I had to get pictures of this because the kids just had a good time with this activity. Avery was so funny to watch while she kept up with the boys. Chase called the hairy part of the husk its mustache! After husking corn they helped me get out lettuce, tomatoes, hamburger buns, and strawberries. They really did help make dinner tonight and they learned a few skills along the way.
I have to remember to do more activities like this in the future so that they learn some cooking and preparing food skills. This was also a great bonding experience for me with the kids. I got to see how each of them took on helping me in the kitchen. If you ask Chase what he did with the corn he will probably say " Something with the corn or something" He is too funny!



I have to remember to do more activities like this in the future so that they learn some cooking and preparing food skills. This was also a great bonding experience for me with the kids. I got to see how each of them took on helping me in the kitchen. If you ask Chase what he did with the corn he will probably say " Something with the corn or something" He is too funny!
Labels:
Summer Dayz 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment