Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chocolate Pretzel Treats for the Mom's

Finished Chocolate pretzelAll 70 done and ready to eat!

I was excited to be part of the Mother's Day activity at church today. I'm in the Young Women program and the wonderful girls decided that they wanted to do something for the moms in our ward. So I was asked to come up with something for the tables that the women could take with them for a treat and to represent the Young Women. So I came up with the Chocolate pretzel. They have really cute molds at the crafts stores and then they have all kinds of different colors of Chocolate you can use to melt and make them colorful. So I just love stuff like this and find it so much fun. The only hard part of it all was to make 70 chocolate pretzels and keep them safe from my kids! It all worked out though and the Young Women got to help bag them, tie the ribbon and add a sticker to the back that said "Happy Mother's Day" My friend Anna also was able to come over and help me make the remaining 35 pretzels that I still had to do. So thank you Anna! The Mother's Day surprise at church went so well and the Young Women did a great job singing and helping prepare the food. It was such a nice Mother's Day for so many :)

2 comments:

anchik66 said...

;-)))
No problema, my friend. You know, I would always help.
I really loved the song YW sang, almost made me cry.

brian and terrah denham said...

what???!!! I thought you just did regular pretzels...not cute little flowers! they look great!
--oh, i also found out black licorice is a lactative supporter. :)