Monday, May 11, 2009

Wood Working

The baby doll cradle and highchair
The animal Piggy banks
This was a baby gift to one of my friends. I found the letters unfinished and then I decorated them for her new baby boy.



My dad is an amazing wood worker! During Christmas Break I was able to visit him in California and spend some time with him. I especially got to spend time wood working and learning a few things. I learned how to use some power tools and how to work with different types of wood. I had a blast getting up in the mornings and heading to his wood working shop. Besides sewing I truly have a love for wood working and painting wood. Unfortunately I have no power tools to really do stuff on my own at home, but I'm keeping my eyes open for deals at garage sales and so on. In the pictures below you will see some of the wonderful things my dad has made for my kids. The baby doll cradle was one of the projects I got to build with my dad last year and the baby doll high chair was a Birthday gift for Avery. I also made the cushions for both the cradle and the high chair. The animal banks are also something my dad made and sent the boys. He sent them not painted because I asked if I could finish them. It was fun to put life to them. They are piggy banks and the boys just love them! I have one still needing to paint for Avery, and will post a pic when I'm done. I so want to really dig into the world of wood working and hopefully be somewhat talented like my dad. Thanks dad for all the wonderful gifts you have made the kids and I and for teaching me to enjoy and love a new skill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all of these! You are so lucky you got to see the "how to" first hand!!! I am sooooo jealous of your piggie banks!! I have been wanting to get a few of those since Jaxon was born but every one I see is like $30.00 and there is no way I can spend that (yet haha). You did a great job with the painting of course!