Sunday, June 14, 2009

"What Do You Do When Your Child Thinks He Is Spider Man"?




ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!

So my son Chase is seriously obsessed with Spider Man! He also loves other super hero's and such, but Spider Man is his favorite!! So he has Spider Man pajamas and also a play costume. He usually has one of these under his regular clothes so he can conveniently turn into "yes you guessed it" Spider Man! Since Chase wears glasses he knows he makes a perfect Peter Parker. So when he is ready to turn into Spider Man he will take his glasses off, along with his regular clothes he has on and "Whamo" He is the one and only "Spider Man"!!! He truly is so fun to watch and Jason and I just crack up so much watching him act this all out. So In the pictures above is Chase in his Pajamas; mind you he has two layers on due to the fact he first wanted to be "Venom" or the bad Spider Man, and then underneath he is ready to be the good Spider Man. Every word that comes out of his mouth is usually about Spider Man and or the Villains in Spider Man. He is such a Joy!

My favorite moment that I will always remember is when Chase came home from school with a new prize he got to pick out. He came in my room once he got it out of his back pack and showed it to me. I just went to lay on my bed for a second while this was taking place. So he opens his hand and there is a fake black spider. I was soooo not surprised he picked this out of the prize box! So after he left my room he returned in two minutes with his costume on under his school uniform. He then proceeded to get into character. This is what was said:

Chase says to me: " Aunt May"! Aunt May! I'm not feeling so well!

Me (now sitting up in my bed) "What"!!! I then just play along, "Yes Peter"

Chase: "I think something bit me"?

Me: "What was it"?

Chase: " It was this"! ( He then shows me the fake black spider he got from school"

Me to my self: "Oh my Gosh he is so acting out the scene in the movie when Peter gets bit"

Chase: "Aunt May I have to go to my room know, but I will be okay"!

Me: I look over and see Chase by my door on the floor with a blanket rolling side to side saying out loud ( "Whats happening to me?"!!!!!

Chase: "Aunt May I'm fine now and I got to go"

Me: Wow!!

Chase then returned after a minute of being gone with his Spider Man out fit on. All I know is that was the funniest, unexpected moment I have seen with him being Spider Man!

Oh Yeah and if you ask Chase, he will tell you Carson is "Eddy" Avery is "Mary Jane Watson", and I'm " Aunt May", and Jason is "Doctor Octopus". So funny!

2 comments:

anchik66 said...

Wow, I was laughing all the way through your post. This is hilarious, I like that you guys also have all the roles to play, Jason - doctor Oc hahahahahaha!!!
Funny!

Kathleen said...

that is too cute! i love the whole rolling on the floor bit. cubby and i just cracked up!