Friday, May 15, 2009

Home Made Root Beer

Okay this stuff "Rocks" I have never ever had or made home made root beer. For family home evening this week Jason surprised us with all the ingredients and a huge jug holder to make root beer. I honestly didn't know that you could do this at home, I guess everyone else knew this but me! Go figure right!! Well anyway I thought I would share with you all how this was made. Also a few pictures of what the container looked like after we added the dry ice. The kids "LOVED" that part, and thought it was cool!!! Oh and just so you all know that it tasted better then the stuff in the store no joke! We have been drinking it throughout the day and had root beer floats as well. "Very Good" you got to try this some time

Ingredients

6 cups white sugar
3 1/2 gallons cold water
1 (2 oz) bottle root beer extract
4 pounds dry ice


3 comments:

BriANDaleen said...

I love home-made rootbeer! It's tradition at our house for Halloween, because the dry ice makes it kind of "spooky". We used to even put it in a witches cauldron to make it more fun...awe, the memories.

Albanie said...

Ok, I am going to try this tomorrow! Thanks for the idea!

anchik66 said...

Nothing against your guys' root beer. Just have to say "I hate root beer in general". It reminds me of Crest toothpaste. OK, aren't I supposed to be nice while leaving these comments? You are great and amazing friend, Cammy. Your family is beautiful and kids are so-o-o-o cute. You are the most craftiest person I know in the world (sorry we missed you today at the Enrichment). And for some reason we do same things at the same time in same places ;-) I just don't like root beer ;)))